Untours Cafe

My family will be in Swiss Oberland and the Heartland in July. We are planning to do a fair amount of biking. Does anyone have experience with renting bikes in the area? Would you recommend daily bike rentals or that we rent bikes for a week? 

Views: 114

Replies to This Discussion

I can only say it depends on what else you will do there. Take some of the fabulous walks suggested by Untours? Spend a day or two on the wonderful lake boats, getting on and off at different villages to shop, explore and dine. Or just to eat. Spend time on the various lifts in the mountains? Take the train to the Geneva area?, or to Lago Maggiore or Locarno? A day in Lucerne with a visit to the magnificent transportation museum?

If this is a first or second trip to the area my suggestion is discover various areas that you find attractive and interesting first. Then decide how much and where you will be riding. Perhaps start off with one or two daily rentals from your local area, take the bikes on the bus up a nearby mountain to one of the passes and ride down, stopping to enjoy the views and possibly a cold drink or tea or coffee. 

Have a wonderful trip!!!  Ed Murphy

RSS

About

Brian created this Ning Network.

About Untours

Visit the Untours website: www.untours.com

Click on the image below to request an Untours Catalog:

About the Untours Café:

• Blogs: Hear from Untourists all over the world and write about your own travels!
  • Forums: Discuss everything under the sun travel related.
  • Photos and Videos: Upload your memories in just a few clicks.

© 2019   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service