Untours Cafe

 I read that if your camera battery charger, for instance, shows a range of voltage (ie 120-240, as mine does) that it will self-adjust to a different voltage (in Europe) and a person just needs the adapter  so the outlets can be used there. An adapter comes with the apartment, so am I safe in not taking a voltage converter?

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are correct. My chargers for camera and iPad work just fine with the outlet adapter. As long as they are marked for that voltage range, you are OK. I think almost all chargers for small electronics now are that way. If you have an outlet adapter, you might want to take it anyway. There was a time or two last May that I had both my camera and iPad plugged in to charge.

Thanks for the info; I won't waste money on a converter now. Happy travels!



Brian created this Ning Network.

About Untours

Visit the Untours website: www.untours.com

Click on the image below to request an Untours Catalog:

About the Untours Café:

  • Blogs: Hear from Untourists all over the world and write about your own travels!
  • Forums: Discuss everything under the sun travel related.
  • Photos and Videos: Upload your memories in just a few clicks.

© 2019   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service