Untours Cafe

We're about to go to France, Belgium and Netherlands on our own.  My AAA office didn't know if a US handicapped placard would work there.  I contacted the automobile associations of those countries.  Here were the responses:

--The Belgian response was "Knowing that the logo signaling an handicaped person is exactly the same as in Europe, you only need to highlight it under your windshield to fully enjoy the avantages and places marked out for handicaped persons."
--The Dutch response told me how to apply for a placard recognized by all EU countries. I sent (by regular air mail) a copy of the drivers license, the passport photo page, and a photocopy of the placard my state issued to:
Divisie Rijgeschiktheid
To mr. C. Susana
P.O. Box 3012
2280 GA Rijswijk ZH
The Netherlands
About a month later I received a placard!
The cover letter and a brochure was all in Dutch, so I did some Google translating to learn that the different countries do have slightly different regulations about whether this placard entitles us to ignore parking time limits, but that's OK, we'll just try to read the signs and plan to obey them.
--No response from the French

Views: 85

Reply to This


Brian created this Ning Network.

About Untours

Visit the Untours website: www.untours.com

Click on the image below to request an Untours Catalog:

About the Untours Café:

  • Blogs: Hear from Untourists all over the world and write about your own travels!
  • Forums: Discuss everything under the sun travel related.
  • Photos and Videos: Upload your memories in just a few clicks.

© 2019   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service