Untours Cafe

I was noticing that a discussion was in progress last year regarding getting around in Nafplio. I have limitations and need to plan ahead. I never did find the actual responses to the discussion. We will be leaving the end of October and if anyone has any suggesstions they would be greatly appreciated. Hiking is out of the question.

Sharon

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nafplio itself is very easy to get around. It's a wonderful little town with lots of ambiance, shops, and restaurants. Many of the side trips we took did require some climbing, but not all. I'm not sure if your question referred to just Nafplio or the possible side trips. Let me know and I'll be glad to help you.
Linda
Linda,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm also interested in the side trips you took and any other helpful information. If hiking is involved I can send my husband on ahead and entertain myself. A lot depends on whether it's an uneven surface so I play it by ear. When were you there?
Sharon,
Sorry it took me awhile to get back to this. We were in Greece in Sept. 2007. Some of the places we visited one did have to climb a hill, but others were on flat ground. However, most of the archeological sites, even thought they were on flat ground, may have been uneven or rocky footing. We visited:
Olympia (flat, but uneven) wonderful museum,
Monemvisia (flat if you don't climb the hill) - the town is delightful,
Mystras - very hilly and rocky footing,
Tiryns - slight hill, rocky footing,
Nemea - flat but somewhat uneven,
Mycenae - pretty steep climb,
Ancient Corinth - flat but very rocky and uneven footing,
Epidaurus - mostly flat, if I remember correctly,
Delphi - big climb to the archeological site, but the museum was wonderful and not so much of a climb, and
boat trip to Hydra - fun little town - you don't have to climb the steps of the town if you don't want to.
We also added on 4 days in Athens and 3 on Santorini. Getting around Athens was like any big city. The National Archeological Museum is terrific! We also found the Ancient Agora and the Acropolis very interesting, but they were hard walking.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have. Have fun, you'll love Naplio.
Linda

RSS

About

Brian created this Ning Network.

About Untours

Visit the Untours website: www.untours.com

Click on the image below to request an Untours Catalog:

About the Untours Café:

• Blogs: Hear from Untourists all over the world and write about your own travels!
  • Forums: Discuss everything under the sun travel related.
  • Photos and Videos: Upload your memories in just a few clicks.

© 2021   Created by Brian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service